There are many advantages to hiring a real estate lawyer
All matters dealing with real estate transactions, tenant and rental properties have the potential to become costly and lengthy legal battles if they aren't dealt with the right way from the beginning. An experienced real estate lawyer can save a property owner thousands of dollars, help negotiate the best possible deals and ensure that a timely transfer of property takes place or that any issues involving tenants are resolved swiftly.
John Hixson has more than two decades of experience in real estate law, and can assist property owners in a variety of ways:
- Curing any defects in title to real property.
- Collecting for work performed on real property through mechanic's lien laws.
- Preparation of Deeds to change the title of property.
- Advise as to real estate transactions, including a review of title commitments.
- Preparation of contracts and other necessary documents. (No RE agent needed)
- Preparation of documents for owner financing and cash sale transactions.
- Closing services for owner financing and cash sale transactions.
- Document preparation to clear the title to property.
- Litigation to clear the title to real property.
- Affidavits of Heirship and Small Estate Affidavits to transfer title.
- Probate of a will to change the title of property.
- Heirship proceedings (No Will) in Probate to change the title to property.
- Litigation of disputes in Probate as to title of real property.
- Preparation of Wills and Trusts to assure the smooth transfer of property upon death.
- Foreclosure services on a deed of trust to obtain title after default on a real estate note.
- Filing mechanics liens to collect funds owed on a construction project.
- Filing suit to foreclose on mechanics liens to collect funds owed by a contractor.
Effective landlord representation
Many times, landlords are successful business people who have many properties that they own, or who lack the in-depth knowledge required to follow the letter of the law when it comes to landlord-tenant issues. Understanding and applying the law correctly is critical to minimizing expenses and maximizing cash flow. It simply makes good sense to have the best possible landlord representation at all times.
An experienced eviction attorney
Mr. Hixson is also an experienced eviction attorney, doing much of the difficult work that comes with evicting a tenant for a variety of reasons. Sometimes tenants have simply gone too long without paying rent. At other times, they may be difficult tenants who cause damage to the owner's property or create noise and nuisance problems for other tenants by not following the terms of their lease.
During the actual eviction, law enforcement entities usually help out in the process of evicting renters, but a property owner can hire a private company which is also allowed by law. The goal is to evict people without someone getting hurt or any of the belongings getting destroyed.
Hiring a lawyer to handle an eviction will save you a lot of money, time, and frustration. It is best to let a lawyer handle your legal affairs especially if you have a full-time job. Lawyers are also more experienced when it comes to the law, the legal processes involved, and other matters involved in an eviction case.
The Hixson Law Firm serves clients in Mansfield, Arlington, Grand Prairie and other nearby Texas communities.